Blue Water Group has kept the wheels of the industry turning for over 40 years. As leaders in Warehousing & Logistics, Shipping Supplies, Mobil branded Lubricants, when you need to move, we make sure you can.
Blue Water Group is an expanding organization that currently employs over 300 people across the country. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer exceptional career opportunities.
This role is on a 14-14 rotation with 12-hours shifts where flights will be based out of Edmonton and Calgary.
When you join our team you will have the ability to:
- Work directly with our corporate leadership team
- Have a opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of the operation
- Learn and thrive in an environment where there is always room for growth
- Collaborate with a diverse team of professionals
Reporting directly to the Western Canadian Director of Supply Chain, the Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of an oilfield related distribution facility. Oversee and manage all operational distribution activities including being responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring the logistics and inventory strategy to maximize efficiency and productivity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Operate and manage physical facilities, human resources, and equipment in a safe, efficient and profitable manner;
- Extensively collaborate with the end customer operations team to provide “best-in-class” solutions;
- Develop and maintain a productive, motivated work force by ensuring effective hiring, training, and development of site personnel;
- Develop with a cross-functional regional team solutions for process improvement and best practices;
- Determine develop and deploy key supply chain KPI’s for the site;
- Ensure employees adhere to company procedures and policies including all safety related objectives;
- Ensure timely resolution on quality assurance issues, overages, shortages, and damaged freight;
- Assist in achieving and maintaining on time delivery goals to meet customer requirements;
- Provide mentoring and coaching for all supervisors and employees on key workspace matter such as performance management, difficult conversations, employee relations and development;
- Assure compliance to governmental regulations regarding training competencies for staff and WCB guidelines.
- College/university degree with a focus on Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and/or business management, or equivalent experience;
- Dynamic, professional and an innovative team player with proven leadership skills;
- Excellent client facing communication skills, and customer service focus;
- Working knowledge of supply chain distribution, warehousing, and oilfield operations;
- General knowledge and experience with indoor and outdoor material handling equipment;
- Working knowledge of SAP would be an asset;
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to work within strict deadlines;
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills;
- Minimum of 5 years of operational supervisory experience
To apply for this job email your details to JCaines@bluewatergroup.ca