Keeps you moving!
Who we are?
Bluewater Group: “Solution Focused, Customer Driven” – leaders in Warehousing & Logistics, Shipping supplies, Mobil branded Lubricants, for over 40 years. Bluewater Group has won the Deloitte Canada’s Best Managed Companies Award 7 years in a row!
Bluewater Group is an expanding organization that currently employs over 300 people across the country. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer exceptional career opportunities. Bluewater is an excellent learning environment for seasoned and inexperienced candidates who enjoy taking on new challenges and share the same core values as us Integrity, Attitude, Customer Focus, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
At Bluewater Group we are committed and dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our team feels comfortable to come to work everyday and most importantly enter the work environment knowing that they belong.
Responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of transportation matters across the Alberta supply chain network. This role exclusively deals with client owned material therefor client relations and customer service are key aspects of this role. The Transportation & Customer Service Manager is responsible for managing the customer service team which includes dispatchers and analysts. This role also requires managing the fleet, organizing schedules & routes, overseeing all third-party providers ensuring contractual requirements and company delivery service levels are being met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing transportation relationships, Negotiating, and bargaining transportation prices.
- Review orders shipping to the client to maximize performance against internal and client-driven goals.
- Analyze, maintain, and modify key item-level system replenishment settings such as minimum ship quantity and shipment increment.
- Lead, implement and role out a new Transportation IT System, with support from our internal systems support team
- Schedule regular meeting with customers to ensure they are satisfied.
- Ability to manage time sensitive problems, understanding when and how to escalate issues that may require more involvement from senior management.
- Provide Operations teams with timely analysis, guidance, and decision-making to ensure that the supply chain is in the best position to execute the demand plan. This includes generating and publishing to key stakeholders, monthly and weekly planning reports.
- Responsible for implementing methods, approaches, and solutions to maximize Transportation efficiency and use.
- Ensure timely resolution on quality assurance issues, overages, shortages, and damaged freight.
- Develop and maintain a productive, motivated work force by ensuring effective hiring, training, and development of personnel.
- Provides timely and appropriate performance reviews to all Customer Service and dispatch personnel.
- Developing and reporting of KPI’s and implementing of corrective actions.
- Motivate employees to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure employees adhere to company procedures and policies
- Assist in achieving and maintaining on time delivery goals.
- Communicate with senior management on operational focal points
- Implement, and maintain appropriate programs to ensure that all safety and housekeeping standards and objectives are met, while minimizing accidents.
- Assure compliance to regulations in regard to training competencies for staff and WCB guidelines.
- Maintain equipment and services to assure security of customer and company assets
- College/university degree with a focus on Supply Chain Management, Warehousing and/or business management, or equivalent experience.
- Willingness to travel to our Cold Lake and Kearl Operational sites.
- Strong IT background , preferably with Transportation Management Systems or Inventory Management Systems
- Experience in warehousing and logistics management, as well as supervisory experience is necessary.
- Skills in planning, controlling, staffing, organizing, and communicating are required
- Working knowledge of supply chain distribution, warehousing, and oilfield operations.
- 5 years planning / management experience
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Shipping Manageror similar role
- Proven experience in a client facing, customer service driven role.
- Proven leadership skills
- Exceptional time management skills and an ability to work within strict deadlines
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent client facing communication skills, and customer service focus.
- Transportation designation considered an asset
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply
To learn more about Blue Water Group please visit our website; www.bluewatergroup.ca
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@bluewatergroup.ca