Blue Water Group
"Solution Focused, Customer Driven"
Who we are?
Blue Water Group: “Solution Focused, Customer Driven” – leaders in Warehousing & Logistics, Shipping supplies, Mobil branded Lubricants, for over 40 years. Blue Water Group has won the Deloitte Canada’s Best Managed Companies Award 7 years in a row!
Blue Water Group is an expanding organization that currently employs 300 people across the country. We are on an exciting path of continued growth that will offer exceptional career opportunities. Blue Water is an excellent learning environment for seasoned and inexperienced candidates who enjoy taking on new challenges and share the same core values as us Integrity, Attitude, Customer Focus, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
At Blue Water Group we are committed and dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our team feels comfortable to come to work everyday and most importantly enter the work environment knowing that they belong.
The Safety Advisor works to prevent workplace accidents and promote safety awareness and education to fellow employees. Through the implementation of new and existing safety initiatives, coaching and mentoring all levels of the organization to accomplish and sustain the desired safety behaviors and outcomes. This position plays a key role in the overall success of the operation, we are looking for someone with a high level of energy and a proactive approach to safety.
This position reports to: Director of HSE and Corporate Systems
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legislative, company, and site-specific guidelines
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to best practice
- Conduct training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention, including regular training on all MHE equipment.
- Monitor compliance to policies and standards by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Develop the HSSE Management System, and assist in its implementation.
- Provide training on HSSE matters and the HSSE Management System.
- Liaise with clients to ensure synergy between Blue Water and client systems.
- Detail resources to Blue Water management that will be required to maintain the HSSE Management System.
- Liaise with Site Leads and Client Leads and HSSE on any non conformances and the commensurate corrective actions that are needed.
- Be a Safety Mentor: Lead safety meetings, and participate in safety committees,
- Conduct regular inspections and audits of the facilities and equipment.
- Ensure that all required emergency drills are being conducted.
- Ensure efficacy of Safety Observation Program.
- Proven experience as safety leader
- Deep understanding of legislative health and safety guidelines and industry best-practice
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
To learn more about Blue Water Group please visit our website; www.bluewatergroup.ca
Do you think you have what it takes to excel in this exciting role? If so, we invite you to submit your resume here.
We thank all that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@bluewatergroup.ca